Thursday, May 19, 2011

Don't Forget to Follow-Up

I sit down to write today’s blog entry and I have so many ‘business strategies’ I want to share.  Why?  Because today, I was notified from Send Out Cards that one of our team members and friend, Ashley earned the Cruise Incentive and will she’ll be sailing three days from Long Beach, CA to Ensenada, Mexico.   Tim laughed at me (in a supportive way) as I was more excited to see Ashley succeed than I was when I heard I made the trip earlier in May.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled to be on the cruise and will get my passport renewed ASAP; however, it was seeing someone on our team succeed to the next level.
I do feel like a big sister who supports those ‘younger’ than me in our business.  I don’t know all the answers, but I will share what works and what hasn’t. The biggest challenge for many is in goal setting – I’ll sit down and write the specific goal and then work backwards and make smaller steps. 
For example, Ashley knew her goal…. The Cruise – She knew what it took to earn the Cruise (She’d need to sign five new distributors) – And she knew the deadline (May 23).  And before Ashley would achieve signing five new distributors and earning the cruise, she needed to sign her first distributor.  Yep, that’s right – in a month’s time, Ashley signed five new people into the business.  A win-win for both the distributor and those she sponsored as they now have a tool for sending cards & gifts AND just found their own vehicle for financial freedom.
How did Ashley sign five new distributors?  It’s all in the relationships… and in the follow-up.  Just like our business, those on our team and others within the SOC family, we believe in the relationships and how can we help you utilize this tool… for personal or business needs.  The fortune is in the follow-up… you’ve heard this no matter what your business is and you’ve seen the outcome.  Using Send Out Cards for customer & client follow-up, as a warm marketing tool and for personal relationships will make an impact.  Ashley had made lot of connections and built relationships, she then tackled the fear of follow-up... and thank goodness she did.  She followed up with those who had expressed an interest - and tada.  Sometimes 'no,' just means 'not now;' however, what you are offering may fit at a later time. Do you see a similarity in your business?
Now that Ashley is headed to Mexico will she slow down? Highly doubt it – she’s got some great momentum and has a team of five… her next goal… Manager.   The one thing about our Send Out Cards business is that others can duplicate the same success. There are no area meetings, no inventory or parties.  Despite that, Tim & I are there to help Ashley with her new goal of Manager because at this new level she will see her income change; it is a great milestone and will really change her business. 
For those of you reading this – as our team or friends of our team, please know how important you are to us. It is a blessing to be part of your business and your families. I just wrote about that in my Gratitude Journal yesterday, but my heart is full this week. You guys are working so hard and making great changes for your family.  Keep shooting for the moon; we are here for you!  --Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment