Sunday, January 1, 2012

What is Your Legacy?

Unexpected phone calls from family make me nervous... We just talked to them - why are they calling? Such was another phone call today as we learned that my husband's uncle had passed away after an auto accident earlier this week.

It is these unexpected tragedies this year (compared to a "prepared loss" as ridiculous as that sounds with an older relative) that has really put a lot of things in perspective for me and *what* is important... From the unthinkable of a parent saying good-bye to an infant as God holds a baby angel to a little girl losing her mom to friends losing parents... and now this unexpected loss in our family.

I'm not going to be a philosophical here, but recently I have often asked myself what legacy and memory do I want to leave... and I am revisiting that question tonight.... What legacy and memory do I want to leave for my children?  What do I want people to tell my kids about me? What impact (no matter the size) will my life have to those around me...? 

As I read the above I realize it sounds "doom & gloom," but it's not meant to be. It's meant to reminde me what is important and how we should celebrate all the little things "now" and not later, as someday or tomorrow is not promised.

So ask yourself, what is the legacy you want to leave? If you aren't leaving the legacy you deisre, change it.  Only you have the power to change the outcome - this reminds me of a quote from Facebook today about CHOICE - CHANCE - CHANGE... Remember: Celebrate the NOW! 

Big hugs all around,
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment