Monday, April 25, 2011

Business & Spring is Blooming

I hope you had a great Easter weekend, and if you didn't celebrate the holiday, then join me in celebrating the Spring. I love Spring… I love Easter… I love the new start!
How did or do you celebrate? Growing up, holidays were and still are big events. My mom’s family consists of eight siblings and each of my aunts/uncles had an average of three kids each. I have great memories of going to church Easter morning in our new Easter outfits followed by a home-cooked meal/pot-luck lunch and egg hunts.  I also remember flying kites – and one year hooking the kite string to the reel of a fishing pole. (Now there is an idea I need to patten.) Boy, flying a kite was never so easy.  J
This year, we will celebrated Easter quietly, but that is ok.  Sometimes I like the quiet time to reflect with the kids. All our family is out of state; however, we have two things that bring us close together.  First, the boys have Easter cards on the mantle from grandparents. To say the boys LOVE getting greeting cards from their grandparents is an understatement.  My parents are the best because they celebrate the little things with the boys… and they celebrate the big things.  They use the Send Out Cards system to create & send these cards and yes, they do make an impact!  How much of an impact? Well, the boys keep all these personal cards because they have photos of them & the grandparents/family in them from past events.  The boys carry them around the house and look at them often.  I’m looking at a Halloween card as I type.
The second thing that brings us together is Skype. Yeah for Skype! Skype is such a blessing for so many families for so many reasons. There are so many uses, for example: connecting with military overseas, parents on business trip chatting with a child, separate families at holidays and so much more.
Now imagine combining online technology with offline (aka: real) greeting cards.  Imagine no more.  As we conclude our beta test period, SOC plans to open up the use of video cards – still delivered via USPS by the end of May. Use your smart phone & snap the QR code or type in the URL for a You-Tube video.  This technology is amazing!  This business is amazing – whether you are User or a Distributor… make SOC work for you. 
Do you want to send a thank you card? Imagine the impact now when you add the video of the kids opening the gift. Do you want to send your save the date wedding cards? Add a video of the proposal for those who missed it.  Do you want to showcase a new home for sale, you want to give how-to steps/tips, or other needs for your business? You can add that too!
I think one of the reasons I love Spring is because it is a new start.  Everyone comes out of hiding from the winter weather, the kids are back to playing outside and running to & from friends’ homes, and flowers are in bloom.  This is why I love empowering others – perhaps we are sponsoring a new distributor or we’ve just rekindled the passion of someone who has done the business for a year, but now they are motivated to make a difference. 
May your business bloom this spring and the entire year. Cheering you on - Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment