Monday, April 11, 2011

Gratitude – Keeping a Journal

Today I posted a photo of my Gratitude Journal on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/cardsandmohr to stay accountable with some friends and it led me to today’s blog entry.
Wikipedia defines gratitude, thankfulness, gratefulness, or appreciation as “a positive emotion or attitude in acknowledgment of a benefit that one has received or will receive.” And in my life (not just business), I really try to be a Gratitude Girl.
I would highly recommend to others to keep a Gratitude Journals.  Gratitude Journals don't have to be fancy. Grab a notebook & just write the little things you appreciate.
(I have some friends who post on Facebook daily.)
Take a moment at the start or the end of the day to write down things that you are thankful or appreciative for specific to that day or may be heavy on your heart.  Start with writing five things daily – jot them down in a list as thoughts or write a narrative.  Write big things like family, kids, health or fun, simple (fun) things like seat warmers, coffee and such. Reflecting on all that you have really changes how you see your day and you’ll appreciate the many things you have right in front of you.
I post some photos now & then as accountability with my FB friends who started the year journaling with me – or maybe it inspires someone to start writing. (You don’t have to wait for a new year.)  The writing and the thoughts are all personal, but see what a difference saying "thanks" for the little things does for your spirit. 

I am grateful for you - those of you who encouraged me to blog & help other mos, those of you who help me brainstorm for ideas of relevance & importance to others, and to those of you who constantly support me.  Cheering you on! I am your biggest cheerleader.  Hugs, Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment