Tuesday, April 5, 2011

How I do it?

Answer: Sometimes I don’t know. ;o)
I’m just teasing and all joking aside; I am a mom just like you, with family & personal commitments trying to do it all in the same 24 hours. I could write a couple days worth of blog entries with insight for ‘how to do it,’ but the number one thing I would tell you is to get some sleep.
SLEEP:  I once read that the hours of sleep we get before midnight are like getting a 2-for-1 deal. So if you go to bed at 10 pm - instead of that only being two hours of sleep until midnight, it’s like four hours and if you wake up at 6 am, you feel like you’ve slept 10 hours. However, the time/hours after midnight are just that. If you go to sleep at 1 am and wake up at 6am, you got and feel like you’ve slept five hours. I won’t say every day I get to bed before midnight; however, I probably make this curfew five nights a week.
Now what time to get up? That is all personal, but for my sanity I try to get up at least 30 minutes before my kiddos.  Now that has been working lately since they are sleeping in; however, there have been times that they come into our room before the alarm has gone off.   And then the day is off and running.   And it’s a juggle; especially when my husband is traveling – we have no family, no cleaning fairies; however, we are blessed to have a great Village of Friends & Neighbors.  I’ll share the rest of my suggestions in future blogs.  If I’m going to give the “sleep advice,” I best follow it.  Good night Friends!  --Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment